As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. IGS #ad
Isla's Garden Seeds, Sprouting, "Black Oil" Sunflower Garden Seeds, 150+ Premium Heirloom Seeds, Non Gmo, For Growing Sunflower Flowers, ON SALE!, 80% Germination #adIGS #ad
- Hardiness zones: 3, 8, 11, 10, 9, 6, 4, 7, 5, 12; common names: mammoth grey stripe Latin Name: Helianthus annuus Species Origin: US Native Wildflower Type: Garden Flowers Life Cycle: Annual. For fresh flowers, cut the stems 11/2-2 feet in length and at an angle of 45 degrees.
For the longest vase life, recut the stems and replace the water every three days. Mature plants tolerate drought well, though they may need regular fertilizing for the best growth. Wonderful addition to your home flower garden! Seeds are mild and nutty flavor! Water the seedlings occasionally as they develop.
To save the seeds for eating, first cover the heads with a protective fabric covering such as cheesecloth to discourage the birds and squirrels. Sunflower shoots can be eaten fresh, or used in a wide variety of dishes.
In late spring after the soil has warmed to 70-75 degrees F, added to salads, plant several seeds together 1" deep and 6" apart in rich, well drained soil; the seeds will begin to germinate in 8-10 days. This seed should be sown directly outdoors, used as a garnish, since the long roots of this plant need space to develop and dislike being disturbed. Strip off any leaves that will fall below the water level; place the stems in water immediately. Harvest from 3-6" or just before the first true leaves emerge.
2. Meadow Ridge Farms #ad
Meadow Ridge Farms Black Oil Sunflower Bird Seed, 40-Pound Bag #adMeadow Ridge Farms #ad
- It attracts: house sparrow, white-crowned sparrow, gray jay whiskey jack, red-breasted nuthatch, dark-Eyed Junco, Blue Jay, Evening Grosbeak, Rock Dove Pigeon, Downy Woodpecker, Purple Finch, Northern Cardinal, white-breasted nuthatch, Mourning Dove, Pine Grosbeak, House Finch, black-capped chickadee, rose-breasted grosbeak, Common Redpoll, Grackle.
The freshest, locally blended, and bagged daily in Delano Minnesota using the highest quality products. Ingredients: 100% Black Oil Sunflower.
3. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Or 1/2 oz, Black Oil Sunflower Seeds Bird Heirloom Annual for Butterfly Bees C6 260+ Seeds #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Songbirds including finches, titmice, nuthatches and jays are all attracted to black-oil sunflower seed. Mound soil up several inches around the base of remaining sunflowers. When you are planting in rows, they should be 3 feet apart. Free shipping || non gmo. Sow seeds when the soil temperature warms to at least 70 degrees fahrenheit, 1 1/2 inch deep in clusters of three seeds with clusters 6 to 12 inches apart, depending on how large your want the mature plant to be -- space farther apart, the larger you expect your black-oil cultivar to grow.
No need to fill a feeder when you grow your own black-oil sunflowers.
Seeds should germinate in 10 to 14 days. Water in well. Thin seedlings to the strongest plant in each cluster when plants are 3 to 4 inches tall. The least you can do is repay them with some of their favorite food -- black-oil sunflower seeds.
Multiple orders of 10lb bags will be shipped in 10 lb increments, with a tracking number provided for each 10lb purchased. Snip the extra seedlings off at ground level with scissors to avoid disturbing the roots of the strongest plant. Birds not only bring sound and color into the garden, chickadees, they can help eliminate insect pests that damage your plants. This type of seed has a softer shell than the gray-striped type, with a larger meat that has a high oil content that provides more energy for the birds.
4. CZ Grain #ad
Made in USA, 100+ Seeds, Black Oil Sunflower Seeds for Planting, Attract Birds, Produce Sunflower Oil #adCZ Grain #ad
- Made in usa: ships from our farm and nursery in Iowa. 20 sq ft. Cardinal, blue Jay, all birds love them. For larger spaces, add more packets.
Beautiful and it brings the birds. Healthy seeds: 100+ seeds of the black Oil Sunflower. Bring in the birds: a stunning 3-4 foot tall sunflower. American Made. Covers approx.
5. Wagner's #ad
Wagner's 76027 Black Oil Sunflower Wild Bird Food, 25-Pound Bag #adWagner's #ad
- Attracts the widest variety of birds. Highest quality grains used. This seed has the high energy content that all birds need to maintain their healthy lifestyle. Made in the USA. Thin shelled sunflower - makes it easy for small beaked birds to open.
6. Nature Jims Sprouts #ad
8 Oz, Raw Bird Food Seeds, Easy to Plant, Nature Jims Sprouts Sunflower Seeds, Certified Organic Black Oil Sunflower Sprouts for Soups, Chemicals-Free, Non-GMO, Fast Sprouting Sun Flower Seeds #adNature Jims Sprouts #ad
- Add flavor to your dishes: with the juicy leaves and the scrumptious nutty taste, our sunflower sprouts are delicious in your salads, sandwiches, bowls - and make a great way to pack more nutrients into a fruit smoothie.
Invest in all-natural sunflower seeds for planting: Our certified organic sprouting seeds are non-GMO, grown in our sustainable farms in the USA without toxic chemicals or preservatives that could cause health risks.
Use the amount you need and store the rest in a cool place, to keep them fresh. Prolong the freshness of your organic seeds: coming in a resealable pouch, your sunflower microgreen seeds have an extended shelf life.
Reduce blood sugar and inflammation: our premium seed sprouts are rich in B complex vitamins essential for a healthy nervous system and a good source of minerals, protein, and vitamin E that protect the heart function. Grow sunflower sprouts in just 6 days: our sunflower planting seeds are easy to plant indoors or outdoors and will produce healthy black seed sprouts faster than similar micro greens sprout seeds on the market.
7. David's Garden Seeds #ad
Hybrid Seeds, David's Garden Seeds Sunflower Short Single Stem Black Oil 4222 Yellow 500 Non-GMO #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Seeds are non-gmo, easy to grow and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States. Blooms in may through October, annual, for best results plant in spring time when soil warms.
Germination rate about 80% or better. Plant heights of 5 feet with sunflower heads that produce an abundant supply of tasty snacks or bird food. Butterflies bees and other pollinators flock to this valuable nectar source and it is also an oil producing sunflower.
8. Seedville #ad
100 BLACK OIL SUNFLOWER Helianthus Annuus Yellow Hummingbird Bird Flower Seeds #adSeedville #ad
- Hardiness zone: annual // bloom time: late Summer - Fall // HARVEST: Fall. Free shipping on any additional products from our store !!! Names: black oil sunflower // scientIFIC NAME: Helianthus Annuus.
Light: sun // water: average - dry // COLOR: Yellow. Plant height: 9 – 12’ // plant spacing: 8 – 12”.
9. Hometown Seeds #ad
8 Ounces, Non-GMO, Black Oil Sunflower Sprouting Seeds #adHometown Seeds #ad
- Baby sunflower greens are a delicious additions to salads or eaten on their own. Cut just above the soil surface when they are 2 to 4 inches tall.
These are best grown as microgreens as you can get multiple harvests if you leave the roots intact. Package contains 8 ounces of Black Oil Sunflower Sprouting Seeds.